Utility Billing

Click here to Pay Utility Bill Online

Click here for more information on Water and Sewer Rates

For missed pick ups and service issues regarding your Waste Management Account,
please contact Julie Houser (951) 270-5651 or email Jhouser@ci.norco.ca.us

The City of Norco Utility Billing division is primarily responsible for nearly seven thousand water, sewer and refuse service billings. Call (951) 270-5654 for more information on utility billing.

Starting Water, Sewer and Trash Services: Our office staff members are available to assist you in setting up your new water and trash services. You may call our office at 951-270-5654, Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., excluding major holidays. You may also email water/sewer/bin service inquiries to UtilityDesk@ci.norco.ca.us

Water Service

New Water Service: Application for new water utility service requires a 48-hour advance notice in order to allow sufficient time to obtain a meter reading at the residence. Also, two types of personal identification are required to open an account. Your first bill will reflect the new service start up fee charge. (Please see schedule of Water and Sewer fees at the end of this web page).

A minimum deposit per residential account is required.The deposit may be waived by providing written or faxed reference information from a local Southern California water utility reflecting an excellent payment history for twelve months.Any water deposits may be refunded at the customer’s request after having made timely payments for one year.

Water Service Rates: Water monthly basic service charge is based on meter size. Additionally, there is a quantity water rate per unit, or the current prevailing rate, per one hundred cubic feet (HCF) or 748 gallons per unit of water volume. The billed water amounts include both the monthly meter charges and water consumption charges combined. An additional pass through electricity pumping surcharge may be applicable, based on location, at varying rates and adjusted annually.(Please see schedule of Water and Sewer fees at the end of this web page).

Sewer Service

Sewer Service Rates: Residential sewer service is a flat 30-day monthly rate, subject to change, per household. (Please see schedule of Water and Sewer fees at the end of this web page).

Trash, Recycling, Hazardous Waste Pickup & Manure Services

Residential Trash and Recycling Services: Residential trash services are provided using three different colored, wheeled carts. Recycling carts are GRAY – for clean recyclable materials such as newspapers, clean glass bottles, clean aluminum cans, paper products, etc. Grass and leaves, only, are approved for the GREEN “green waste” cart. The household cart is dark green with a brown lid, for any other types of regular refuse items. County mandates require the recycling of normal household materials, green waste and horse manure. Please see schedule of Trash fees at the end of this web page. Please call (800) 423-9986 to report missed service or to request replacement of a container.

Manure Services: Manure service for horses and cows is a separate, contracted service with Waste Management.County ordinances require all large animal waste be separated into a manure recycling container. Please call (951) 270-5654 to place your order of manure carts or dumpsters or if you have any billing questions in regards to the billing of trash or manure services.

The 95-96 gallon manure, wheeled cart is adequate volume for 1 – 2 horses. A one month deposit is required before delivery is made. Manure carts are delivered on Mondays only between the hours of 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and dumpsters are delivered the next business day after a deposit is made. Pick up day will be Monday, with the regular household trash. Multiple 95-96 gallon cart or larger volume metal dumpsters for residential or commercial use are also available and the cost depends on the size and the number of pick ups being requested.Manure cart and dumpster services charges are billed on the monthly water utility bill.

Additional Carts: Orders can be made for additional 95-96 gallon Recycling, Green Waste, Household or Manure carts. Please call (951) 270-5654 to place your order. Additional recycling carts are delivered Mondays only between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.(Please see schedule for Trash fees at the end of this web page).

Trash Pick Up Day: MONDAY is the normally scheduled household trash and recycling pick up day.This may be delayed by one workday to Tuesday when a major Monday holiday occurs, such as Memorial Day in May, or Labor Day in September. Waste Management observes the following Holidays: Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Notification of these dates will be provided in the water bill or the local section of the newspaper.

Services Provided Solely by Waste Management:

  • Bulky Waste Pick Ups: Residents can call Waste Management at (800) 423-9986 to schedule a pick up. Click Here for Bulky Waste Information
  • Bin or Cart Exchange/ Replace: Residents can call Waste Management at (800) 423-9986 to exchange or replace a cart or dumpster.
  • Temporary Dumpster Service: If you need a dumpster for a period of less than three months, please call Waste Management at (800) 423-9986.
  • Hazardous Waste Disposal: Specially scheduled pick up days are routinely available quarterly, providing convenient drop off locations for disposal of batteries (all types and sizes: AAA, AA, B, C, D, 9v,etc.), florescent light bulbs, tires, paint products; electronic devices, such as computer monitors/printers/hard drives; televisions, and other components containing lead, lithium or cadmium.For additional information call Riverside County Hazardous Material office at 951-486-3200.

Monthly Billing Cycle: All utility services including water, sewer and trash and the EMS fee are billed on 30-day billing cycle. Water meter reading dates can vary between 27 to 34 days apart due to weekends and holidays. All bills are due within 25 days.

Paramedic Services Fee

Paramedic “EMS” Services Fee: The City of Norco Fire Department provides residents and businesses the opportunity to voluntarily pay a subscription fee of $4 a month on their water bills for Fire Department emergency medical services as part of the Voluntary Emergency Medical Services Subscription Program (VEMS). A subscription to the VEMS Program will cover all members of a subscriber’s household who are permanent residents or visitors of the subscribing household, regardless of the location where the City of Norco renders the emergency medical services. For business subscribers, A VEMS Program subscription will cover all emergency medical services provided to employees and customers at the business address.

An eligible participant who does not wish to participate in the VEMS Program can voluntarily decline to participate in the Program at any time by signing a declination form.A declination form will accompany the water bill during the month of August of each year. Thereafter, a customer who does not wish to participate may obtain a declination form by clicking the following link. There is a link to the VEMS form w/decline at the bottom of this page.

Paying Your Bill

New Ways to Pay Your Bill: The City of Norco offers residents and business the opportunity to pay their water bill using a Visa, MasterCard, or debit card. In addition, utility bills can be paid via the Direct Payment Plan.You would authorize regularly scheduled payments to be made from your checking or savings account to pay your monthly utility bill.Your monthly utility bill would continue to be sent to your residence or business reflecting the direct payment made to your bank account. The authority you give to charge your bank account will remain in effect until you notify us in writing to terminate the authorization. All you need to do is fill out a Direct Payment Authorization Form to begin the process. There is a link to the Direct Payment Authorization Form at the bottom of this page.

Other Utility Companies

The City of Norco is also served by the following utility companies:

  • Gas Company: 1-800-427-2200 or visit their SoCalGas website
  • Southern California Edison: 1-800-655-4555
  • Waste Management: 1-800-423-9986