Parks & Facilities
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services operates 15 parks, all offering various recreational opportunities from open park space, play areas, picnic shelters and lighted sports fields, which provide a wide array of leisure and community services that are aimed at enhancing the quality of life for the residents of the City. Parks and Recreation makes life better now and in the future by providing access to the serenity and inspiration of nature, outdoor space to play and exercise, facilities for self-directed and organized recreation, positive alternatives for youth which help lower crime and mischief, and activities that facilitate special connections, human development, therapy, the arts and lifelong learning.
The City is proud to operate the George Ingalls Equestrian Event Center, a large equestrian complex which includes the City's major rodeo facility, Moreno Arena and Clark Arena as well as Nellie Weaver Hall which has a variety of amenities to host as a banquet or meeting facility. Annually, Ingalls Park hosts major events from rodeos to fairs as well as a number of horse shows and open riding.
The City also operates a number of public riding arenas in parks throughout the City.Arena availability is subject to park hours of operation, permitted usage, maintenance and inclement weather. Please note facilities below with equestrian arenas are denoted with an asterisk (*).
The Community Center Complex is home to a wide range of recreational and sports programs, special events and classes. The Center offers a variety of facilities which include a 15,000 sq. ft. Riley Gymnasium and dance studio, the Bob and Karlene Allen Room/Norco Historical Preservation Room, meeting rooms and a sportsfield. Additionally, the Norco Youth Center/Scout House is home to the Wee People Playschool Program and local BoyScouts and is available for private rental needs. Contact the Department at (951) 270-5632 for all of your rental needs whether it is for special events, small gatherings, large meetings or banquets for up to 400 people.
Click on the links below for further park and facility information:
- Clark Field | Park Hours 7a.m.-10p.m.
- Community Center Park | Park Hours 7a.m.-10p.m.
- George Ingalls Equestrian Event Center* | Hours of Operation based on permitted use.
- Hawks Crest Park* | Park Hours 7a.m.-Dusk
- Kips Korner Park | Park Hours 7a.m.-Dusk
- Neal Snipes Park | Park Hours 7a.m.-Dusk
- Norco Hills Park* | Park Hours 7a.m.-10p.m.
- Pacer Park* | Park Hours 7a.m.-Dusk
- Parmenter Park | Park Hours 7a.m.-10p.m.
- Pikes Peak Park | Park Hours 7a.m.-10p.m.
- Ridge Ranch Park* | Park Hours 7a.m.-Dusk
- Riley Gymnasium | Hours of Operation based on permitted use.
- Silverlakes Equestrian and Sports Park
- Sundance Park | Park Hours 7a.m.-Dusk
- Ted Brooks Park* | Park Hours 7a.m.-Dusk
- Wayne Makin Shearer Sports Complex | Park Hours 7a.m.-10p.m. by permit only.
Deputy City Manager, Director of Parks Recreation & Community Services