Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center
SENIOR TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
The “Seniors on the Move” transportation program, which is a unique door-to-door transportation service available to all Norco resident seniors 50 years and older, able-bodied Norco resident military veterans 50 years and older, and disabled Norco residents of any age, will continue normal operations. This program provides free transportation to residents within a 30-mile radius outside of Norco city limits for necessary grocery shopping, medical visits, obtaining prescriptions, paying bills, postal services, banking, etc. Reservations are taken on a first-come first-served basis and residents are encouraged to make a trip request at least one week prior to their desired date. To confirm hours and trip availability, please call the Senior Center Office at 951.270.5647.
The Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center will be operating as a Cooling Center for seniors ages 50 and over. The Cooling Center is activated on days when temperatures reach 97 º or above. When activated, hours of operation are as follows: Monday - Friday from 8am to 5pm and Saturday - Sunday from 12pm to 5pm. Participants are required to wear a face mask or face covering during their visit and maintain a social distancing of at least six feet from other individuals. Visitors may not enter the Cooling Center if they or anyone in their household have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, chills, runny nose, congestion, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, itchy or red eyes.
For more information on this location, please call 951.270.5647. For a list of Cool Center locations within Riverside County, call 888.636.8676. Speech or hearing-impaired individuals may call TTY 951.955.5126. For summer weather information and health recommendations, visit www.capriverside.org. The hot weather advisories and cool centers are services offered by the City of Norco in conjunction with Community Action Partnership of Riverside County.
- Cool Centers for Riverside County
- Centros para Refrescarse del Condado de Riverside
- Tips to Stay Cool (English and Spanish)
FREE COUNSELING FOR SENIORS
The Riverside County Office on Aging has two behavioral health specialists who are available for telephonic counseling to seniors who are becoming depressed by the stress and isolation at this time. Their services, as well as other services provided by the Office on Aging can be accessed through HelpLink at (800) 510-2020.
INLAND COUNTIES LEGAL SERVICES, INC. – Free legal assistance to Seniors Age 60 and over.
Seniors may call 1.800.977.4257 between 8:45am and 4:45pm Monday through Friday to receive free legal assistance. This information is also on the legal services flyers located in the entryway. All service provided is strictly over the phone.
HICAP- HEALTH INSURANCE COUNSELING ADVOCACY PROGRAM – Free non-biased Health Insurance Counseling for seniors. Seniors may call 909.256.8369, leave their name, and phone number on the answering machine and they will receive a call back within 24 - 48 business hours Monday through Friday. All service provided is strictly over the phone.
HOME DELIVERED MEALS
For information on home delivered meals (Meals on Wheels), please contact the Office on Aging at 1.800.510.2020 or the Sodexo Meal Office at 951.827.3613. The Senior Center does not offer a meal delivery service.
SENIOR CENTER INFORMATION
2690 Clark Avenue
Norco, CA 92860
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Closed: Saturday and Sunday
The Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center provides a variety of services, programs and activities for seniors in the community age 50 and older. The friendly staff at the Senior Center are here to help! They coordinate a complete range of recreational, self-enrichment and education programs for the over 50 generation. They also plan activities, trips, and special events throughout the year.
The 8,000 square foot facility with adjacent 1.4-acre garden provides a variety of leisure pursuits to improve the quality of one’s life, promote and help preserve independent living and assists and supports individuals to advance choices and alternatives that enable them to live with dignity and grace.
The Norco Senior Center was dedicated as the Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center on Friday, September 28, 2012 honoring senior advocate Rose M. Eldridge.
Rose Eldridge became a Norco resident in 1965 when she and her husband James moved to Norco from Norwalk, California. She was a supporter of Senior Services in Norco and throughout Riverside County for the past 45 years. She was recognized for her achievements in supporting the aging population and care and treatment of senior citizens by the County of Riverside Office on Aging and the City of Norco.
Senior Center Programs
As we welcome you back to our facility, please note new liability waivers and emergency contact forms must be completed and signed prior to participation in any of our activities and classes. Forms can be accessed via the link provided below and hard copies are available at the Senior Center office.
- Activities & Classes
- Crafty Mornings (English and Spanish)
- Lunch Menu - July 2021
- Meetings & Assistance Programs
- Movie Matinee (English and Spanish)
- Pen Pal Program (English and Spanish)
- Senior Garden
- Senior Transportation Program
- Senior Transportation Program (Spanish)
- Walking Wednesday Club (English and Spanish)
- Welcome Back Packet
Golden Hour Club
Stay connected with the Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center and join the Golden Hour Club! Golden Hour Club participants will receive a monthly newsletter, activity packet, and updates on new senior center programming by mail. Participants will also receive a free birthday goodie bag on their special day! The Golden Hour Club also provides weekly phone calls to seniors who wish to converse with a friendly voice. If you wish to join our club, please call the Senior Center office at 951.270.5647 or email us at email@example.com.
Senior Virtual Recreation Center
The Virtual Recreation Center offers seniors a fun and creative way of exploring the world around us without ever leaving home. Access resources, virtual travel, arts and crafts activities, educational activities and much more through our Center. Start exploring today! If you have a great idea or resource you would like to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Workshops and Support Groups
- Family Caregiver Conference: Support, Resources, and Advocacy
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - LGBTQ+ Senior Program
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - Parkinson's Support Group
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - Virtual Caregiver Support Groups
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - Virtual Caregiver Support Groups (In Spanish)
- "Life After Caregiving" Workshop
- Services at the Braille Institute
- Valley Star Community Services - Family Resource Center (English and Spanish)
Physical Well-Being and Health
- 24/7 Mental Health Urgent Cares
- 40 Mental Health Sources for Seniors
- Alzheimer Support
- Caregiver Resources Compiled by Beverly Nelson
- Heat Related Illnesses
- COVID-19 Information for Older Adults & Caregivers
- Fall Prevention Tips: How to Prevent Falls at Home
- Friendship Line
- Guide for Seniors: Home-Proofing for COVID-19 and the Flu
- Independence at Home Services
- Independence at Home Services (Spanish)
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - PEARLS Program
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - Virtual Services
- Mental Health Resource (English)
- Mental Health Resource (Spanish)
- Technology Tools for Seniors Compiled by Beverly Nelson
- Farmer's Market Information (English and Spanish)
- Feeding America: Riverside and San Bernardino Counties
- Feeding America - Food Resources
- Feeding America - Food Resources (In Spanish)
- Local Food Pantries
- Meals on Wheels Riverside County
- Riverside County Office on Aging - Food Programs
- Riverside County Food Access Sites
- AARP Foundation: Tax Aide Services
- California For All Resources
- California Relay Service
- California Relay Service - Captioned Telephone
- California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program
- Care Pathways Program
- Community Action Partnership of Riverside County
- Community Action Partnership of Riverside County (Spanish)
- Community Action Partnership of Riverside County - Tax Preparation Services
- COVID-19 California Tenant Protections (English and Spanish)
- COVID-19 Funeral Expense Assistance from FEMA
- DMV - Driver's License Renewal Information
- Equity in Aging Resource Center
- Home Improvement Assistance for Older Adults
- ICRC Senior Support Services
- Inland Counties Legal Services (English and Spanish)
- Insights Program by Independence at Home, a SCAN community service
- Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Preparation
- Renter Questions during COVID-19
- Renter Questions during COVID-19 (Spanish)
- Retirement Insecurity during COVID-19
- Riverside University Health System - COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Seniors and Financial Hardship
- Social Security Online Services
- Staying Connected Program
- United Lift Rental Assistance
- United Lift Rental Assistance FAQ
- United Lift Rental Assistance (Spanish)
- United Lift Rental Assistance FAQ (Spanish)
- United Ways of California
- United Ways of California - Low-Cost Internet/Computer Access
The Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center is currently accepting hygiene products and pre-packaged snacks to benefit its Monthly Care Kit Distribution Program. If would you like to donate, please call the front office at 951.270.5647.