Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center
SENIOR CENTER CLOSURE
In accordance with President Trump’s Declaration of a National Emergency, Governor Newsom’s Executive Order, and the Riverside County Public Health Department’s Order, the City of Norco has closed various public facilities and suspended all programs/events held at said facilities, including at the Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center. The Senior Center Closure is effective until further notice.
The City of Norco strongly advises residents to avoid non-essential gatherings to protect public health and slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). If you must attend a gathering, please implement social distancing of six feet per person. Gatherings of individuals who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, specifically our senior community and those with underlying health conditions, should be limited to no more than 10 people, while also following social distancing guidelines.
SENIOR CONGREGATE MEAL PROGRAM
In an effort to minimize contact during concerns related to COVID-19, the Riverside County Office on Aging Senior Congregate Meal Program will be offering a weekly pick-up of meals at the Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center for senior congregate nutrition program participants 60 years and older. Meal distribution is every Friday at the Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center parking lot. Seniors receive a week’s worth of frozen meals (7 meals total) between 9am and 10am only. Senior participants are instructed to drive up, staff completes contactless check in and meals are placed in senior's vehicles to take home. Participants must register and make meal reservations to receive a meal. Registrations are available on site during meal distribution. Meal reservations can be made by calling the Senior Center front desk at 951.270.5647 Monday through Wednesday from 8am to 3pm or at the time of meal pick up for the following week.
The service will be offered once a week every Friday from 9am to 10am until we have been instructed to resume normal service operations. For more information, contact the Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center at (951) 270-5647 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HOME DELIVERED MEALS
For information on home delivered meals (Meals on Wheels), please contact the Office on Aging at 1.800.510.2020 or the Sodexo Meal Office at 951.827.3613. The Senior Center does not offer a meal delivery service.
SENIOR TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
The “Seniors on the Move” transportation program, which is a unique door-to-door transportation service available to all Norco resident seniors 50 years and older, able-bodied Norco resident military veterans 50 years and older, and disabled Norco residents of any age, will continue normal operations. This program provides free transportation to residents within a 30-mile radius outside of Norco city limits for necessary grocery shopping, medical visits, obtaining prescriptions, paying bills, postal services, banking, etc. The service is available Monday through Thursday from 9am to 4pm and residents are encouraged to make a trip request at least one week prior to their desired date by calling the Senior Center Office at 951.270.5647. Reservations are taken on a first-come first-served basis.
The Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center continues to be a Warm Center during periods of excessive cold when temperatures reach 40 degrees or lower. When activated, hours of operation are as follows: Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm and Saturday - Sunday from 12pm - 5pm. For more information on this location, please call 951.270.5647. For more information or for a list of warm center locations within Riverside County, call 888.636.8676. Speech or hearing-impaired individuals may call TTY 951.955.5126. For winter weather information and health recommendations, visit www.capriverside.org. The cold weather advisories and warm centers are services offered by the City of Norco in conjunction with Community Action Partnership of Riverside County.
FREE COUNSELING FOR SENIORS
The Riverside County Office on Aging has two behavioral health specialists who are available for telephonic counseling to seniors who are becoming depressed by the stress and isolation at this time. Their services, as well as other services provided by the Office on Aging can be accessed through HelpLink at (800) 510-2020.
INLAND COUNTIES LEGAL SERVICES, INC. – Free legal assistance to Seniors Age 60 and over.
Seniors may call 1.800.977.4257 between 8:45am and 4:45pm Monday through Friday to receive free legal assistance. This information is also on the legal services flyers located in the entryway. All service provided is strictly over the phone.
HICAP- HEALTH INSURANCE COUNSELING ADVOCACY PROGRAM – Free non-biased Health Insurance Counseling for seniors. Seniors may call 909.256.8369, leave their name, and phone number on the answering machine and they will receive a call back within 24 - 48 business hours Monday through Friday. All service provided is strictly over the phone.
SENIOR CENTER INFORMATION
2690 Clark Avenue
Norco, CA 92860
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday - 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
The Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center provides a variety of services, programs and activities for seniors in the community age 50 and older. The friendly staff at the Senior Center are here to help! They coordinate a complete range of recreational, self-enrichment and education programs for the over 50 generation. They also plan activities, trips, and special events throughout the year.
The 8,000 square foot facility with adjacent 1.4-acre garden provides a variety of leisure pursuits to improve the quality of one’s life, promote and help preserve independent living and assists and supports individuals to advance choices and alternatives that enable them to live with dignity and grace.
The Norco Senior Center was dedicated as the Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center on Friday, September 28, 2012 honoring senior advocate Rose M. Eldridge.
Rose Eldridge became a Norco resident in 1965 when she and her husband James moved to Norco from Norwalk, California. She was a supporter of Senior Services in Norco and throughout Riverside County for the past 45 years. She was recognized for her achievements in supporting the aging population and care and treatment of senior citizens by the County of Riverside Office on Aging and the City of Norco.
Click on the desired link below and get up-to-date information about our Center.
Senior Center Programs
- Activities & Classes
- Meetings & Assistance Programs
- Pantry Donation Wish List
- Pen Pal Program (English and Spanish)
- Senior Garden
- Senior Transportation Program
- Senior Transportation Program (Spanish)
If you would like our Activity Packet and/or Monthly Newsletter mailed to you, please call our Senior Center front desk at 951.270.5647 or email us at email@example.com.
Senior Virtual Recreation Center
The Virtual Recreation Center offers seniors a fun and creative way of exploring the world around us without ever leaving home. Access resources, virtual travel, arts and crafts activities, educational activities and much more through our Center. Start exploring today! If you have a great idea or resource you would like to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Workshops and Support Groups
- Accessing Community Resources Workshop
- Care Pathways: Virtual Classes for Family Caregivers of Older Adults
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Educational Presentation and Q&A (In Spanish Only)
- Estancia Del Sol Craft Fair
- Grupo de Apoyo al Duelo
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - Bereavement Support Group
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - Virtual Caregiver Support Groups
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - Virtual Caregiver Support Groups in Spanish
- Living with Arthritis Lecture
- Vacuna control el COVID-19: Presentación educativa y sesión de preguntas y respuestas (en Español)
- Valley Star Community Services - Family Resource Center (English and Spanish)
- Virtual Evening - Caregiver Support Group
Physical Well-Being and Health
- 24/7 Mental Health Urgent Cares
- Caregiver Resources Compiled by Beverly Nelson
- Cooling Center - Tips to Stay Cool (English and Spanish)
- Cooling Center - Heat Related Illnesses
- COVID-19 Information for Older Adults & Caregivers
- Friendship Line
- Guide for Seniors: Home-Proofing for COVID-19 and the Flu
- Independence at Home Services
- Independence at Home Services (Spanish)
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - PEARLS Program
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center - Virtual Services
- Mental Health Resource (English)
- Mental Health Resource (Spanish)
- Technology Tools for Seniors Compiled by Beverly Nelson
- Farmer's Market Information (English and Spanish)
- Local Food Pantries
- Riverside County Office on Aging - Food Programs
- Riverside County Food Access Sites
- AARP Foundation: Tax Aide Services
- California For All Resources
- California Relay Service
- California Relay Service - Captioned Telephone
- California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program
- Care Pathways Program
- Community Action Partnership of Riverside County
- Community Action Partnership of Riverside County (Spanish)
- Community Action Partnership of Riverside County - Tax Preparation Services
- COVID-19 California Tenant Protections (English and Spanish)
- DMV - Driver's License Renewal Information
- Equity in Aging Resource Center
- Home Improvement Assistance for Older Adults
- ICRC Senior Support Services
- Inland Counties Legal Services (English and Spanish)
- Insights Program by Independence at Home, a SCAN community service
- Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Preparation
- Renter Questions during COVID-19
- Renter Questions during COVID-19 (Spanish)
- Retirement Insecurity during COVID-19
- Riverside University Health System - COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Seniors and Financial Hardship
- Social Security Online Services
- Staying Connected Program
- United Lift Rental Assistance
- United Lift Rental Assistance FAQ
- United Lift Rental Assistance (Spanish)
- United Lift Rental Assistance FAQ (Spanish)
- United Ways of California
- United Ways of California - Low-Cost Internet/Computer Access