• Email
  • Print

News Details

Press Release: City of Norco Begins Recruitment for City Commissions

NORCO, CA: The City of Norco is accepting applications to serve on the City’s various Commissions. The deadline to submit applications is 6:00 p.m. on Monday, June 12, 2017. Applications will not be accepted after that date. The Norco City Council will consider and make the appointments at the City Council meeting on June 21, 2017. Applications will be accepted to fill vacancies as follows:

Historic Preservation Commission: Three (3) Vacancies

Parks and Recreation Commission: One (1) Vacancy

Planning Commission: One (1) Vacancy

Streets, Trails and Utilities Commission: One (1) Unscheduled Vacancy*

Economic Development Advisory Council: Three (3) Vacancies

An appointment to a Commission is an honor and a responsibility. The City Council has confidence in the judgment and integrity of its appointees and relies on them for information and recommendations on specific matters. As advisors to the Council, Commission Members are expected to regularly attend meetings, understand their duties and roles, and work to contribute to the betterment of the community.

Any resident of the City of Norco may serve on a City Commission. No member is selected on the basis of representing a specific business, district, organization, or cause. Service on City Commissions is a 4-year term. *There is one unscheduled vacancy on Streets, Trails and Utilities Commission. The appointment to fill the vacancy will be for a partial term through June 2019.

Requirements to serve on a Commission are as follows:

  • Be a permanent resident of Norco
  • Be a citizen of the United States
  • Be at least 18 years of age
  • Never have been convicted of a felony
  • Take the Oath of Office

Roles, responsibilities and requirements of City Commissions are available on the City website. Members appointed to the Economic Development Advisory Council will be selected from the business community. Members are not required to live in Norco, however, members should have a significant stake in the success of the business community. Specific requirements to serve on the Economic Development Advisory Council can be found on the City website.

Persons wishing to serve on the Advisory Council or any of the Commissions should contact the City Clerk’s Office at (951) 270-5623, pick up an application at City Hall, located at 2870 Clark Avenue in Norco, or download the application from the City website. 

( View PDF )