Yard, Garage, and Estate Sale Information
Did you know that a City permit is required to hold a yard, garage or estate sale? The permit can be purchased at Norco City Hall for $9, and can be used for a one- to three-day yard sale. City Code Enforcement personnel makes routine visits to all yard sales to ensure compliance, so make sure you secure a permit!
Important information about yard sales in the City of Norco:
Failure to purchase a permit in advance of the sale, or to remove signs, will result in an administrative citation.
Only personal, used, and household items can be sold. Resale of merchandise is not allowed.
Yard sales may only be held in Agricultural and Residential zones. Yard sales are NOT permitted in Commercial Zones.
Residents may be issued a permit for four (4) yard sales per year, and one (1) per quarter.
Yard sales may only be held from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Citations will be issued if visitors park on horse trails.
- Signs must be free-standing
- Signs may NOT be attached to utility or traffic control poles, utility cabinets, trees, or horse trail fencing.
- Signs must be mounted on the ground.
- Residents may use a maximum of six (6) signs.
- Signs must be easy to read from the roadway, and include address, sale date(s) and start time.
- Signs may only be displayed from Day 1 to Day 3 of the yard sale.
For more information, contact the City of Norco Code Enforcement Division at (951) 270-5684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residents may review Chapter 5.32 of the Norco Municipal Code for additional information about yard sales here: www.norco.ca.us/YardSaleNMC