Norco Youth Advisory Council Recruitment
The City of Norco is accepting applications to serve on the Norco Youth Advisory Council (NYAC). Nine positions will be filled to serve a one-year term (October – May) that coincides with the school year. The deadline to submit applications is 6 p.m. on Monday, September 10, 2018. Applications will not be received or considered after that date. The Norco City Council will consider and make the appointments at its meeting on Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
Requirements to serve on the Norco Youth Advisory Council are as follows:
- Be a current registered student, grades 9–12, at Norco High School or John F. Kennedy Middle College High School
- Be a current Norco resident and registered student, grades 9–12, in a home schooling program, at a private school, or at a school outside of the Corona-Norco Unified School District
- Be a citizen of the United States, a Lawful Permanent Resident, or a participant in a Student Exchange Program
- May not be currently employed by the City of Norco
- Never have been convicted of a felony
- Take the Oath of Office
The Norco Youth Advisory Council, established in 2016, promotes community involvement with, for, and by youth, works with various City Commissions and the City Council, and acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council in all policy matters pertaining to youth. The City Council has confidence in the judgment and integrity of its appointees and relies on them for information and recommendations on specific matters. As advisors to the City Council, Youth Advisory Council Members are expected to regularly attend meetings, understand their duties and roles, and work to contribute to the betterment of the community. Roles, responsibilities and requirements of City Commissions and Advisory Councils are available on the City website here.
Norco Youth Advisory Council applications are available on the City website here, as well as at City Hall, located at 2870 Clark Avenue in Norco. For more information, visit www.norco.ca.us/recruitment, or contact the City Clerk’s Office at (951) 582-5545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
( View PDF )