City of Norco Closes Various Facilities and Suspends Programs/Events through April 30, 2020
Updated: 3/17/20 | 4 p.m.
In accordance with President Trump’s Declaration of a National Emergency, Governor Newsom’s Executive Order, and the Riverside County Public Health Department’s Order, the City of Norco will close all public facilities and suspend all programs/events held at said facilities until Thursday, April 30, or until further notice.
City Hall: All programs, events, meetings (e.g., Norco Valley Square Public Scoping Meeting), and in-person assistance services are cancelled at City Hall until further notice. Electronic and telephonic assistance services are available. For general assistance, call (951) 270-5623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and your request will be directed to the appropriate department.
Public Facilities: All events are cancelled and all programs, permitted uses and in-person assistance services are suspended at the following facilities until April 30, or until further notice:
- All Ballfields
- All Parks
- Animal Shelter
- Community Center
- George Ingalls Event Center (includes open riding and Community Clean-Up)
- George Ingalls Veterans Memorial Plaza
- Riley Gymnasium
- *Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center—Congregate Meal Program and Transportation Program will continue
- Congregate Meal Program participants may reserve a take-home packaged lunch by calling Sodexo’s office at (951) 827-3613.
- The “Seniors on the Move” transportation program, which is available to all Norco resident seniors 50 years and older, able-bodied Norco resident military veterans 50 years and older, and disabled Norco residents of any age, will continue. This program provides free transportation to residents within a 30-mile radius outside of Norco city limits for necessary grocery shopping, medical visits, obtaining prescriptions, paying bills, postal services and banking.
- Scout House
- Wayne Makin Shearer Sports Complex
The City of Norco strongly advises residents to avoid non-essential gatherings to protect public health and slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). If you must attend a gathering, please implement social distancing of six feet per person. Gatherings of individuals who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, specifically our senior community and those with underlying health conditions, should be limited to no more than 10 people, while also following social distancing guidelines.
The City of Norco is taking extra precautions for the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. We are following recommendations and best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Riverside County Public Health Department. We are monitoring the situation and are prepared to respond should the situation change.
All residents are encouraged to follow official City of Norco social media accounts and to sign-up to receive official City news and alerts, which can be sent directly to you via email and/or text, by visiting www.norco.ca.us/newsroom.
For more information, contact the City of Norco at (951) 270-5632 or email@example.com.