Housing Assistance Programs Return to Norco
When the Norco Redevelopment Agency was dissolved in 2012, several popular housing assistance programs were terminated. But with the City recently becoming the Housing Successor Agency, funding for these programs has been reinstated. Specific programs include:
- Emergency Repair Grant: This program provides grants up to $5,000 for emergency situations such as broken water heaters, electrical issues or any other unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Home Improvement Grant:Eligible homeowners may receive up to $10,000 for non-emergency improvements related to a home’s structural integrity, energy efficiency or exterior enhancement.
- Deferred Payment Loan:Homeowners may qualify for a 0% interest loan, up to $30,000, to be used for a wide range of home repairs, including reroofing, painting, installation of new windows, security enhancements, or connecting a home to the City’s sewer system.
- First-Time Homebuyer Program:This program provides assistance, in the form of a second loan ($40,000 maximum) to make Norco properties more affordable for young couples and families.
- Utility Bill Assistance Program:Eligible seniors and disabled individuals can sign up for this program, which provides discounts on City sewer and water bills.
Download the Housing Assistance Program Guidelines & Housing Assistance Application Questionnaire
Download the Application for Utility Assistance Program
Download the First Time Home Buyer Application
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Shannon Andrews, Housing Specialist